4" 3 Jaw Front Mounting Self Centering Lathe Chuck
Availability In stock
Shipping Ups Ground
|Lathe Chuck Category||Self Centering Scroll Chucks|
|thru hole size||0.866|
|Number of Jaws||3|
- Chuck diameter: 4"
- Thickness: 2.933"
- Center hole: 0.866"
- Mounting: Front Mount & Plain back
- Bolt Circle Diameter: 3.307"
- Runout: 0.003"
- Semi-steel chuck body made from high quality cast iron
- Each pinion is ground and hardened to HRC 43
- Both sides of the jaw teeth and guides are ground and hardened to HRC 58-62
- Each set of jaws are serialized in their own set
- A serialized set of jaws are then finished, ground, and lapped on their designated chuck body which will be the same chuck body on the final assembly to achieve a greater accuracy
- Before assembling the jaws to its designated chuck body, the jaws finish machining is performed on a close tolerance state of the art CNC machine from Japan
- The scroll plate's thread flank are ground on both sides to achieve tighter contact with the master jaw
- Each chuck has gone through rigorous accuracy and repeatability inspection by clamping and jamming multiple random testing rods or rings
- Accuracy is maintained for the entire clamping range
- Internal Jaw:
- Clamping Range A-A1: 0.078-1.181"
- Jamming Range B-B1: 1.181-3.543"
- External Jaw
- Clamping Range C-C1: 1.181-3.150"
|Size (inch) ||D (inch) ||D1 (inch) ||D2 bolt hole circle dia. (inch) ||D3 (inch) ||H (inch) ||H1 (inch) ||H2 (inch) ||h (inch) ||z-d (metric) |
- 2 set of jaws: inside jaw set and outside jaw set
- 6 piece of mounting screws for the lathe chuck back plate (3 screws for front mounting and 3 screws for back mounting)
- 1 hexagon wrench