CAT40 1/2 x 3.5" Coolant Thru Shrink Fit Tool Holder
Availability In stock
Shipping Ups Ground
|Toolholder Category||Shrink Fit Holder|
|end mill holder style||standard|
|max rpm balanced to||G2.5 25000|
|drawbar thread size||5/8-11|
|Shrink Fit Holder Nose Diameter D3||1.34|
|Shrink Fit Holder Bore Depth||1.85|
- Taper: CAT40
- Bore Diameter d1: 1/2"
- Nose Diameter d2: 1.10"
- Nose Diameter d3: 1.34"
- Gage Length L1: 3.5"
- L2: 1.85"
- Runout: 0.0001"
- Balanced: 25,000 PRM@G2.5
- Shrink fit holder with thermal contraction capability applies 360º uniform pressure onto the cutting tool shank along the entire length of bore.
- Shrink fit holder with superior gripping power virtually becomes an integral cutting tool, eliminating runout error, tool deflection, vibration and slippage
- Made from ISO-40CrMoV5 (USA-H13 Tool Steel), holder is double tempered for optimal tool life
- Runout taper to bore within 3 Microns (0.0001") T.I.R.
- Designed for cutting tools with h6 shank tolerance
- Balanced to 25,000 RPM at G2.5
- Unique design feature in the flange to minimize the off-balance nature of CAT 40 taper specification. On the side of flange where a half spherical hole is located, a "wall" is built around this hole to compensate the weight of the metal chips lost from forming this spherical hole. This design allows the left side and right side of the holder to achieve 50-50 perfect weight distribution in its upright position, like the position inside a machine spindle. Symmetrical design in evenly weight distribution will minimize centrifugal force in high speed spinning and thus maximize the holder's ability to hold the cutting tool concentric to spindle rotation.
- Taper accuracy is ground exceeding AT3 standard for optimal T.I.R.
- Ability to preset for required tool length using included preset screw for 1/4" & larger bore diameter
- Coolant through capability by removing the internal set screw